- Platform for building synergies and cohesion among development actors (government, CSOs, private sector) for greater coordination, complementarism and system orientation.
- Join country and regional advocacy teams to influence Governments and the East Africa Community on relevant legal and policy reforms
- Move the sector forward by shaping and guiding legislation and policies that help our members achieve their missions.
- Participation in knowledge empowerment in the sector through studies, research and publications e.g the East Africa Giving Report.
Exclusive internal access to the EAPN network via the online community
- Participation in peer learning events, givers lounge regional meetings
- Potential to establish collaborative or basket fund
- Engagement in advocacy work to secure better legislation and regulatory frameworks to promote the culture of giving
- Connect to the philanthropy organizations and networks nationally, regionally and globally
- Brokering strategic alliances or linkages with government/ policymakers and private sector for joint programming, co-creation learning and influencing
- Strategic marketing (branding, profiling and visibility)
- Provide/ facilitate platforms for linking, strategizing and sharing
- Annual Conference: Our signature event, the annual conference connects nearly 200 trusts, foundations, CSOs and guests from across the region to hear expert speakers, share strategies and tactics, network and enjoy each other’s company
- Constituency Events: Throughout the year EAPN through the National Philanthropy Forums hosts constituency-based meetings. These meetings can be peer based, sector based, program based or need based. These forums provide a rare chance to really dig deep with your colleagues about issues affecting your philanthropic efforts
- Membership Day: This presents an opportunity to explicitly network members, potential members, partners, the board and secretariat.
- Partner with colleagues within an active and diverse network of philanthropy professionals to foster learning, innovation and collaboration
- Opportunity to share events and news with peers worldwide, through the EAPN website, newsletter and social media properties
- The EAPN electronic newsletter helps you stay abreast of the latest trends, issues and information on philanthropy nationally and regionally
- Opportunities to work on shared interests with peer organizations and across sectors to promote an enabling environment for philanthropy
- Share your work and ideas across the region
- Our Membership Relations team engages with EAPN members connecting you with others and serving as your direct line to the membership
- Shared learning to advance best practices sector concerns and strategies
- Capacity strengthening on resource mobilization and philanthropy: innovative models, solutions and thought leadership
- Access to Executive Training programs
- Support improvements in modes, mechanisms and systems for resource mobilization
- Access to tools for sustainability and greater accountability and transparency
- Opportunities for leadership development, professional growth and capacity building
- Access to research and survey publications.
- Eligibility to serve on the EAPN Board of Directors
- Discounted Rates for Exhibition space in the EAPN Annual conference
- Use of EAPN logo, which identifies you as a member of the only East Africa Philanthropy Support network
- Access to EAPN representation